Christmas is a joyous time of year filled with laughter and good cheer, great food and fellowship with family and friends. The centerpiece of many homes during the holidays is the Christmas tree. While beautiful when decked out in lights and ornaments, it can also be a hazard if not properly managed.
Here are a few tips from the National Fire Protection Association to help prevent Christmas tree fire hazards in your home.
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched.
- Make sure it is at least three feet away from any heat source such as fireplaces, heat vents or lights.
- Do not set up the tree where it blocks an exit.
- Use lights that are listed by a qualified testing laboratory.
- Always turn off the Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
Click on the link below for all of their safety tips to help keep this Christmas merry and bright.
Taba Realty & Development, LLC is a full service Kauai real estate company that offers assistance with buying and selling Kauai real estate and also assisting owners with their Kauai property management needs. Please contact us at (808) 742-7110 should you have any questions in regards to our services. You will discover why Taba Realty is the premium choice for all of your Kauai real estate needs.