With hurricane season underway, it is important to have an emergency supply kit to prepare to respond to potential emergencies. You should have some basic supplies on hand in order to survive for at least three days if an emergency occurs. Here are some recommended items to include in an emergency supply kit.
Additional items to consider adding in your kit include:
* Prescription medication and glasses
* Infant formula and diapers
* Pet food and extra water for your pet
* Important family documents such as copies of insurance policies, ID, bank records and mortgage/deed documents in a waterproof, portable container
* Cash or traveler’s checks
* Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
It is important that individuals review this list and consider where they live and the unique needs of their family in order to create an emergency supply kit that will meet these needs.