Moving can be a hectic time and certain things may fall through the cracks if you don’t plan ahead or make a checklist of things that need to get done. Here are a few items that are commonly overlooked during a move as a reminder for those who are packing up and heading out.
- Utilities – Don’t forget to switch service or turn on service to your new home.
- Garage Door Openers – If you are moving out of a home/rental, don’t forget to hand in the garage door openers which you may have stashed in your vehicle.
- Keys – Remember to look for all your hidden keys that may be lying around the house (in fake rocks or under the doormat).
- Mail – Be sure to fill out a change-of-address form so that your mail is redirected to your new house.
- Hidden Valuables – Check for those stashed valuables that you may have stored inconspicuously around your home before you accidentally leave them behind.
Keep these items in mind the next time you have to move so that you can make the transition as smooth as possible and keep the chaos to a minimum.
Taba Realty & Development, LLC is a full service Kauai real estate company that offers assistance with buying and selling Kauai real estate and also assisting owners with their Kauai property management needs. Please contact us at (808) 742-7110 should you have any questions in regards to our services and you will discover why Taba Realty is the premium choice for all of your Kauai real estate needs.